The need to continually adapt to address changing regulations and financial or market risks is a challenge experienced by real estate, construction and infrastructure companies across the globe – all of this while meeting the challenges of investing, expanding and achieving sustainable growth.
Smith & Williamson’s dedicated group is a leading advisor to ambitious businesses in the real estate and construction sector. We have the local, national and global capabilities to help firms succeed at all stages of their lifecycle.
Our clients span the full property lifecycle and complementary industries including the contractors that demolish and construct, the registered providers you work alongside, the investors who own the business, and those who fund projects.
Working with more than 200 businesses in the sector and across the supply chain means we are close to the issues you face and have the experience to help you achieve your ambitions.
To help you meet your financial goals, we’ll listen closely to your needs and deliver straightforward impartial advice and actionable strategies based on the judgement and expertise of our teams.
How we help
- Full service financial and business advice: Covering all aspects of your personal and business needs, whether this is the basics of compliance or complex family or business planning we help you achieve your objectives in ways which stand the test of time, have clear commercial rationale and do not over complicate the issues.
- Business lifecycle management: From launch to exit we can provide expert actionable advice to help you grow.
- Transaction support: Structuring, fundraising, due diligence, valuation, VAT solutions, restructuring, financial reporting, forensics and MBOs.
- Compliance: Including audit, financial statement preparation, bookkeeping and management accounting, payroll, VAT and CIS returns, systems and controls, corporation and partnership tax.
- Professional adviser support: We assist architects, chartered surveyors, and real estate focussed law firms with full financial and business advice backed by our knowledge of their target sector and its dynamics.
- Scale-up expertise: Our dedicated entrepreneur and scale-up programmes deliver unique insight and networking opportunities for clients and ensure our teams are uniquely equipped to advise on a broad range of growth company challenges.
Through our work with a wide range of real estate and construction companies we are close to the issues that matter to you and your business enabling us to tailor bespoke advice to help you gain a competitive edge.
We work with hundreds of growing businesses in real estate and the supply chain leveraging opportunities and tackling challenges. We understand how to create and evolve business infrastructure to successfully support growth.
Our offering is unique. No other firm can provide you such a wide range of personal, business and financing advice under one roof. Our truly multi-disciplinary expertise can be fully leveraged from day one or on an ad hoc basis as required.
You’ll receive high touch, hands-on support and advice from our partner led teams with a genuine understanding of your business and industry, as well as the connections and track record to deliver results.
Tax in the Real Estate Investment Space
UK real estate has long been considered a lucrative option for both overseas and domestic investors. However, changes to taxation and the uncertainty created by Brexit have made investment in the property sector more challenging. Our new guide, launched in partnership with Property Wire, helps you assess the potential structuring options available and gather a fuller understanding of the context, regulations and tax implications.